- How do I know if it’s time to call a locksmith?
One of the common concerns that call for a locksmith is getting locked out of your house, room, or car. Instead of damaging the entire knob, a locksmith assistance is a more practical option. Locksmiths can also help ensure overall security of your property by a comprehensive and professional lock installation.
- Is there a way to know if the locksmith I contracted is licensed?
Make sure to look for their certificate and license prior to engaging them in any service.
- What makes a locksmith a more practical choice?
By getting a professional locksmith you are guaranteed with a high-quality service with accountability. This is something that is not necessarily guaranteed from cheaper services.
- Is it possible to have a single key for all my locks?
Yes. You can ask your locksmith to do this.
- I lost my house keys, what do I do?
Call a locksmith to help you out with this emergency, and to have your keys replaced.
- Are there padlocks that also work on one key?
Yes, part of our services is providing you with padlocks to match your existing keys.
- What does “rekeying a lock” mean?
Rekeying is a more affordable way to update your lock system. It basically only involves changing the pins inside your existing lock to also match your keys.
- Are there pros and cons to having uniform keys?
Having identical keys is a convenient way to ensure that you do not lock out of any area in your hose. However, this is not recommended if you have to prohibit access on certain areas from specific individuals.
- Is there a way to still fix a broken lock?
The lock will have to be assessed by our locksmith to know whether it can still be fixed or just simply replace.
- How do I know the best grade of lock for my property?
A deadbolt lock is one of the most secure types of locks for homes that we recommend.
- Can credit cards be really used to open locked doors?
This actually works for certain locks with low knob and latch guard.
- Is there a huge difference between right or left handed doors?
Nothing. It’s just about where the door opens, so it depends which direction you are most comfortable with.
- Can I have new keys for my old padlocks?
Certainly. Our locksmith can do that.
- Is it necessary to change locks in case I lose my keys?
For security and peace of mind, it is best to change your locks.
- How does lock snapping work?
This is a burglary method that snaps cylinder lock to gain access to your property. You can be protected from this by asking your locksmith to install an anti-snap cylinder.
- Why is high-security lock recommended?
High-security locks offer better security as it is more resistant to picking, drilling and other ways of forced entry.
- Can I get a copy of a key with “Do Not Duplicate” marked on it?
The only way these types of keys can be duplicated is with a letter of authorization from the owner or supervisor. You will also be required to fill out a “Request for Restricted Keys” form.
- Are lock opening tools purchasable in the market?
In most places, it is illegal to purchase or sell these tools as they can be used for burglary or forced entry.
- Is there a key that can open all locks?
While a master key can open a lot of locks, it doesn’t open all. These locks are set up to work on the master key which is usually used on hotels, offices, and schools.
- Can I just install my own hardware using what I bought at the market?
Although you can, these locks are residential quality at best. Locksmiths would use high-quality goods that are pick resistant and can be protected against unauthorized duplication of keys.
- How much time does it take for a locksmith technician to arrive at my home?
Locksmith is aware of the urgency of emergency lock situations. So they would arrive as soon as possible depending on your location from the locksmith
- Will the locks get damaged when there is a lock-out?
On a typical situation, the locksmith will just bump or pick the lock that doesn’t damage. On more extreme situations, the lock might have to be drilled which would need the lock to be replaced.
- Is safe opening harmful to my properties inside?
The locksmiths are experts and would make sure everything inside is unscratched and unharmed during the entire process.
- How much will I usually spend for a locksmith service in my residence?
Locksmiths usually work within the budgets of the customers. You can also ask for a free quotation form the company.
- What is the key bumping?
This is a technique used by the locksmith that uses special cut keys that can be used on conventional pins and locks. Find out more here.
- How does a locksmith use the key bumping?
The locksmith inserts the special key which is then bumped. The force created by this forces the pins in the lock to go above the shear line open the lock.
- Is lock picking and key bumping the same?
Lockpicking does not use any keys but instead unlocks the lock by manipulating what is inside the lock.
- Can I return the lock that I brought from the store?
If you are not satisfied with the product, you may return it. But please do review the return policy of the store you brought it from.
- What can I do regarding my broken lock?
If it is newly purchased, you can return it as long as you have the proof of purchase.
Sliding Door Q & A
- What are the common issues you encounter from sliding doors?
It usually has something to do with faulty rollers, which makes it harder for the door to glide.
- If my sliding door is jammed, is it best to just replace it?
This kind of sliding door problem can be readily repaired, and save you so much cost compared to replacement.
- How long will the sliding door repair take?
Depending on the severity of the damage, our locksmith may take at most 3 hours for the repair.
- Do I really need an expert to fix my sliding door?
It’s best to leave the repairs to an expert to prevent further damages.
- Can I lock a glass door handle?
Most glass door handle can be locked. It can either be single point lock or two point lock.
- Can kitchen doors be sliding doors?
If you want to save space in your kitchen, you can use sliding doors. Semi-automatic sliding doors are even recommended as they always keep the door closed when not in use.
Car Locksmith Q & A
- What are the information the locksmith needs before they can unlock the vehicle?
When calling a car locksmith, you need to provide them with your vehicle make and model, the registration number, and VIN. You will also need to provide documents to prove that the vehicle is yours.
- What should I do when my car keys got stolen?
If you are sure that the keys are stolen and are not just lost, the first thing you have to do is call the police especially if you have other keys with the car key. After that, you need to call your insurance company to find out if they cover the cost of replacement of keys when there is theft. Lastly, you need to call a locksmith that can immediately help you.
- I lost my transponder, what should I do?
You need to call a locksmith if you lost your transponder or it is not working. Most locksmith companies have transponder keys in stock that can match your vehicle.
- Why is it expensive to make car keys?
Vehicle security is constantly evolving for the better making the car harder to steal. In order to program these features, a locksmith would need more training and materials.